users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to block a specific IP in glassfish

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:49:47 -0500

Hi Cheng,

Grrr it would have been a piece of cake if [1] allowed to pass
properties element, which aren't....the solution was to add the
org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve to the WebContainer, except
you have no way to configure the allow/denied list :-(

One solution (for now) would consist of extending that class, and
configure the allow/denied list using System properties. I will make
sure we fix the issue for at least v3 as I suspect those Valves will be
more and more popular.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

[1]