users@glassfish.java.net

GF v2 ubuntu 7.04 how to install and which required pkg to add

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:08:50 PST

Hi,
I'm trying to install/setup GF v2 ur1 (and GF v2.1 latest) on ubuntu 7.04.

1) downloaded JDK 1.5 u14 binary and installed under /usr/jdk/
2) GF v2 ur1 (glassfish-installer-v2ur1-b09d-linux.jar) and saved in my directory

3) set the JAVA_HOME as expected
4) $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xmx256m -jar glassfish-installer-v2ur1-b09d-linux.jar

got an error/stack exception: "Cannot load AWT toolkit: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit".

Found on ubuntu site, that I need to install gcj-4.1 package (had only the basic one).
5) with synaptic I got the pkg and installed.

6) exported my DISPLAY
7) relaunched the command java command again:
Now I'm getting on my display the Licence Agreement window but empty.

No way to go further.
An input.properties file is created with checkbox.value=true

Any additional pkg to install ? any available instructions somewhere on the glassfish site
for ubuntu ?

thanks in advance for the answer.
nouar.
[Message sent by forum member 'nouar38' (nouar38)]