users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Seam ejb-local-ref

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:46:54 PST

> Is this a case of JBoss going further than the
> EE5 spec requires?

Yes. Direct global JNDI lookups of EJB Local references is not defined by the specs so code that uses the JBoss approach is not portable.

>And are there any plans on
> changing this requirement in Glassfish?

Not in the EE 5 timeframe.

> It certainly
> would simplify Seam development on Glassfish... If
> there are no such plans, it would be nice with a
> reason why at least.

There is no special case defined for Local EJB references. The only portable way to acquire a resource in Java EE is to define a dependency on it (either via annotation or .xml) and either inject it or look it up via the component environment. We have a presentation that has more details on this here : https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/compdependencies_xmlforum_nov15.pdf
[Message sent by forum member 'ksak' (ksak)]