users@glassfish.java.net

Quartz problem on Sun Java System App Server PE 9.1 ( GLASSFISH V2 )

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:04:02 PST

I have tried hard for a few days to start Quartz Scheduler using a Lifecycle Listener outside the applications, without success, see below more details!

System Configuration:

Quartz 1.6.0 ( and dependencies )
Log4J 1.2.11
Glassfish V2
JDK 6.0 U3
Windows XP

Quartz Library and Dependecies ( JARs ) are placed at domain1/lib/ext
and the Listener ate placed in a JAR file at domain1/lib

The Lifecycle Listener execute this steps:

1 - brings the quartz.properties location and create the StdSchedulerFactory pointing to the informed file.

2 - call StdSchedulerFactory.initialize() to configure the factory;

3 - when list all schedulers calling StdSchedulerFactory.getAllSchedulers(), the list was empty.

4 - when call StdSchedulerFactory.getScheduler() it return null.

I am sure that quartz.properties file are opened, because I try to delete it,
and the file is locked.

None Classloader exception are generated.

Even taking configured an appender and his categories in Log4J configuration for quartz, but none log are generated.

I canĀ“t discover where are the problem or missconfiguration.

Can anynone help me?

Thank advance.

PS: See atached files with configurations in quartz.zip file:
domain.xml - the section for Lifecycle listener configuration
QuarzListener.java - the class file for Listener implementation
quartz.properties - the quartz main configuration
jobs.xml - the jobs configuration for Plugin (declarative)

Oziel
[Message sent by forum member 'ozielneto' (ozielneto)]