users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 - separate ejb container jar file?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:59:07 PST

> I don't want to hijack the thread, but there's already a solution for
> this particular issue with inability to test ejbs easily - Apache
> OpenEJB [1]. With its features one can run EJB3 tests outside the
> container just like JPA can. See yourself what it is like to run a
> junit test with ejb (and openejb embedded)

It's not really hijacking from the perspective that OpenEJB includes *explicit* support for Glassfish users so they can use OpenEjB to test their EJBs in the build and not be bound to any OpenEJB APIs at all. All the Glassfish descriptors are 100% supported.
[Message sent by forum member 'dblevins' (dblevins)]