users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Interop with Glassfish and other application servers

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 03:17:26 PST

Hi Cheng,

thanks a lot for posting your code. It looks exactly like what i expected and what i was trying myself, so i restarted from scratch again and for some reason it is working this time, at least when calling the EJB from another glassfish instance. I cannot say what i did wrong before, so this is a bit embarrasing at the moment ;-). But nevertheless i am one step closer to get everything working. Interestingly when i deploy the same war file that i use to call the EJB on a weblogic server, the lookup fails again. Also i am not yet able to call the EJB from a weblogic on another weblogic. I assume this is due to the fact that the EJB's JNDI name is listed in the JNDI context but not as javax.naming.Reference but instead only as weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode as opposed to the behaviour on glassfish ( i am using the very same jar file on both). I am looking into this some more, just wanted to let you know what progress i am making.

Again thanks a lot for your help and patience and i hope i did not waste too much of your time.

Cheers, Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'candlejack' (candlejack)]