users@glassfish.java.net

[OT] Sun/Open-Source DMS atop glassfish?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:21:59 +0100

Folks;

moving forth introducing glassfish/SJSAS to our local environment, I
stumbled upon an interesting question: A company we are communicating
with (technically) once in a while is using the whole load of Oracle
stuff in their backend, including SQL DB, OAS and Oracle ContentDB [1].

Generally, after looking at all the things in question (technology,
support, licensing), we prefer Sun to Oracle in almost any respect, but
given we are into document management, ContentDB seems an interesting
tool.

So, question: Is there an alternative to this usable with
SJSAS/glassfish? What kind of software are you folks using to do your
document management (if any)? Even though of course I would prefer
open-source implementations, I'd feel happy to see if there are any
"proprietary" Sun offerings on that (feel free to contact me off-list
if this is too off-topic here).

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Kristian

[1] http://www.oracle.com/database/contentdb.html

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771