users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 - separate ejb container jar file?

From: Mahesh Kannan <Mahesh.Kannan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:32:02 -0800

Ryan de Laplante wrote:
> That is really good to hear - especially when EJB 3.1 is available.
> Just to be clear, when you say "within a single (client) VM", you mean
> that we will be able to start/stop an EJB container inside of unit
> tests completely independent of an application server?
Its more like running the EJBContainer inside an app client container
itself.
> Will the startup time be sub-second like Spring, allow you to pass in
> different configurations for testing, let you add JTA if you need
> transactions, etc?
Transactions will definitely be part of the EJBContainer. We are
certainly going to have a very quick startup time (though I dont have
any numbers). Glassfish V3 containers (like php, ruby and web) already
have a great startup time. Please have a look at :
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v3-techPreview-1.html

Thanks,
--Mahesh