users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Accessing a JMS Resource on a Remote Server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:20:41 PST

Hi.

I have but a moment to respond right now, so I wanted to post this now knowing I might have missed something important in your post.

When you run with the app client container (using either the appclient command or launching using Java Web Start) the ACC creates the naming InitialContext before your client code ever runs. So it is set up using an initial host and initial port from the sun-acc.xml file. This is one of the ones captured by package-appclient.

Notice the connection error message near the top of the stack trace refers to programmer1 and 3700. Using an appclient command launch these values come from sun-acc.xml. Make sure that the <target-endpoint> setting in that file is correct for your set-up and that the client system can resolve the host name as specified there.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]