users@glassfish.java.net

Re: an EJB2.1 stateless session bean with remote and local interface -- how

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:57:37 PST

Hi Dies

THANKYOU.

I extremely happy to announce that the JNDI lookup now works properly.

I cannot thank you enough for your generous attention and help on this question (Oh, and for your patience - which is not necessarily common for help forum contributors)...

And, thankyou, as well, for the informative explanation as to why the EJB reference has to be configured in the WEB module -- rather than the EJB module.

I had noticed that a JNDI lookup on a local ejb interface would work when the call was made from a POJO in the WEB module (where I would of course add the reference information to web.xml)... But, I was puzzled why it would not work when the "helper" POJO was in the EJB module.

My intuition was incorrectly leading me to believe that any relevant configuration --for a "helper" class doing a JNDI lookup -- [u][i][b]had[/b][/i][/u] to exist in the module in which it was packaged.

Thankyou very much again for forcing me to "see [i][u][b]outside[/b][/u][/i] the box" as it were.

sd
[Message sent by forum member 'sairndain' (sairndain)]