users@glassfish.java.net

TCP server in GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:24:42 PST

Hi!

I wish to develop an application where thick client would get information off the server and there would be 2 ways for them to communicate: over web services for clients behind too restrictive firewalls and over TCP for the rest. I would want to include TCP as an option to avoid the heavy polling the using of web services would cause.

I'd like to do this with GlassFish because there are already applications deployed in it we use but I'm unable to find anything about writing TCP servers for J2EE.

Is there a (nice) way to do this? Should I do this inside the container?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'astoria45' (astoria45)]