users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with GF and SSL: IE accepts certificate but Firefox doesn't

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:34:44 PST

Hello Jeanfrancois,

I finally solved this problem, and the end of the story is that the test certificate was not correctly imported into the keystore.

In my original post I had mentioned three blog/wiki entries that I had read for instructions. But the one that I actually followed was the last one (http://blogs.sun.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/using_ssl_with_glassfish_v2), which proposes to use a small Java program to import the certificate into the keystore. This Java program seems not to work correctly in my case.

After rereading the instructions of the certificate provider I imported the certificate with keytool, and that did work. Also Firefox does now see the intermediate certificates and accepts the test certificate without any warning.

Thanks
Stephan
[Message sent by forum member 'smuehlst' (smuehlst)]