users@glassfish.java.net

Manually Installing Add-ons?

From: Graeme Steyn <g.steyn_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:45:17 +1000

Hi,

I have an installation of glassfish 2 ur 1 (or java_ee_sdk-5_04-windows-nojdk.exe) and would like to install the Access Manager 7.1 add-ons that you can download from http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/?intcmp=1282 (downloaded the component independantly). Extracting the access_manager-7_1-p1-ea-b5.zip file provides access to the am_installer.jar file. I have then places this in the ur 1 addons directory and attempted to execute

asadmin install-addon am_installer.jar.

This produces the following error:

D:\env\sun\appsdk2\addons>asadmin install-addon am_installer.jar
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
CLI206 The installation of the addon am_installer.jar failed.

Any ideas where I am going wrong? I am basically trying to install AM7.1 via the addon rather than simply deploying the amserver,war, so that NB6.0 will recognise the existance of AM7.1.

Regards,

Graeme.