users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v2 alternate/additional rootpath

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:22:51 PST

Hello. I am trying to set an alternate rootpath for GlassFish v2. Here is the scenario.

I have deployed my application through admin GUI, and it un war under GF_HOME/applications\j2ee-modules\cdOrder

I can access this web app through browser like this. http://localhost:8080/cdOrder
(Old school, no problem at all...)

Now, I have a dir and file resides under my c:\ user_document\test.pdf and
I’d like to access through browser like this, http://localhost:/user_document/test.pdf

I used to set up an additional root path in Sun web server (iPlanet) more like mapping a server root path so I can separate out applications and static content (like PDF, Word, Excel) in two different places. I am trying to do the same things in GF but wont able to do it.

I have tried to install a Virtual server but I did not see any options to add an additional rootpath.

Please someone can help me on this, I really appreciate it. I love GlassFish, I love admin GUI as well, but I just got stuck to set up an additional root path and can't move forward.
:)
Hobi
Norman, OK
[Message sent by forum member 'hobione' (hobione)]