users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Where do JCA connection pool settings get stored?

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:26:08 -0500

I created a password alias and set the JCA property value to
${ALIAS=my-alias-name}, then restarted the app server. My app continues
to work. Excellent!

Can someone tell me where the encrypted password is stored? If someone
gets the GlassFish source code, can they use that to figure out how to
decrypt my password? I would say yes, since GlassFish does exactly that.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan de Laplante wrote:
> Thank you, I'll give it a try
>

> Jagadish Prasath Ramu wrote:
>> Connection pool properties can be seen in domain.xml.
>>
>> GlassFish_Home/domains/<domainname>/config/domain.xml
>>
>> If you need to encrypt the password, you can use "password-alias"
>>
>> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/docs/AG/ablnk.html#ablnp
>>
>> "create-password-alias"
>> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3675/create-password-alias-1?a=view
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Jagadish
>>

>> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 11:39 -0500, Ryan de Laplante wrote:
>>
>>> I have a custom JCA connector deployed into GlassFish. I've created
>>> a connection pool for it and configured a bunch of properties. Some
>>> of the properties include the full path & filename to a encryption
>>> keystore, and the password for that file. I need to know if the
>>> JCA connection pool settings are stored securely, how they are
>>> stored, and where they are stored.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Ryan