users@glassfish.java.net

Re: "__TimerPool not found" in clustered mode

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:54:26 PST

Hi Marina,

Thanks for the pointer.

Regarding "if I need the timer service", I'm actually not using the Timer service in any of my code, but instead of trying to disable it, I was worried that Glassfish itself uses the Timer service for its own tasks. Say for example it may be using the Timer service to synchronize between the 2 instances? Would this be possible? Or is the Timer service purely for application-level usage?

I don't understand what you mean when you say that "an embedded JavaDB database is not useful in a cluster". Can I trouble you to explain this a little bit more?

My application is supported by an Oracle database, I'll first create the schema in Oracle and point it there and see how it goes from there.

Thanks!
Wong
[Message sent by forum member 'lilwong' (lilwong)]