users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application client - "Error Launching Application"

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:00:42 PST

Your discovery looks promising.

I will need to look into this more deeply a bit later, but one experiment you could try is this: You can control where Java Web Start stores the downloaded and cached files.

1. Open the Java control panel.

One way is:
1a. Run javaws -viewer which opens two windows.
1b. Close the cache viewer (the window that lists the downloaded apps).

2. In the remaining window click the Temporary Internet Files Settings button.

3. Change the location to one that does not contain any special characters.

4. Click OK and try launching the client again.

I realize this may not be a long-term solution but it will help make sure that the encoding problem is the only one afflicting you.

I will look into the encoding issue separately in a bit and post any findings here.

Thanks.

- Tim
3. The other
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]