users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with GF and SSL: IE accepts certificate but Firefox doesn't

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:43:17 PST

> Hum....I would have liked the blocking mode to work
> so it would have
> been easy to fix. Now since the two mode are failing,
> this is a little
> more complicated. Before filling a bug, one last try:
> can you add, in
> domain.xml:
>
> -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=
> true

I assume that I was supposed to add that as a JVM option, correct? I added this as a JVM option, restarted Glassfish and retried, and the behavior hasn't changed with Firefox.

> if that doesn't work, can you file a bug:
>
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues
>
> (category security). Try to enter as much as
> information that you have
> so we can easily reproduce the problem.

I will try to collect the information, but it is probably not "easily reproducible" with my information information alone, because it will mean to order a test certificate from the SSL certificate provider that I used.

Just to make sure that I don't bother the developers unnecessarily: Is it sufficiently proven that I didn't make a mistake when setting up the certificate in Glassfish because of the fact that Internet Explorer accepts the certificate without warning? Could it not be possible that IE maybe has built-in knowledge about the intermediate certificates that Firefox doesn't have?

Thanks
Stephan
[Message sent by forum member 'smuehlst' (smuehlst)]