users@glassfish.java.net

Import Remote JNDI Trees

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 05:37:34 PST

Hi,

i wonder if there is a possibility to import a JNDI tree into another. More specific, if there is an option to make all JNDI names in an application server available in the JNDI namespace of another server, so that an application running on the latter can access the JNDI resources of the former by simply doing a local lookup/injection (maybe in combination with a prefix to avoid ambiguity). I saw that in Glassfish you can define external JNDI resource, but as far as i understood you can only specify the resources themselves, like an EJB or a Datasource, but not the whole content of a remote JNDI tree plus the local application server needs to instantiate the desired ContextFactory instead of just delegating that too the remote server and simply taking the result of the lookup.

The reason i am asking this, is that one of my bosses said he heard that this was possible and wants me to verify that, but so far i was not able to find any hint that such a mechanism exists, so i hope one you guys could give me a hint where i should look.

Cheers, Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'candlejack' (candlejack)]