users@glassfish.java.net

Allowing Direct Form Based Login Without First Accessing A Secured Url

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:35:06 PST

The project I'm working on is attempting to use form based JEE security. However, we also want to allow direct login and redirection to a landing page. If the user first attempts to access a secured url things are fine. The user is presented with the login page instead and then presented with the secured url after successful login. If the user, accesses the login page directly however the post to the "j_security_check" action seems to do nothing. The post just causes the login page to be presented again. When I echo out the remote user and user principal in this case, both are null. Would anyone have suggestions on how to enable a direct login.
[Message sent by forum member 'scottdelap' (scottdelap)]