users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish hangs

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:29:37 PST

I'm seeing a similar issue (v2-b58g)... once I've deployed an EAR, and then stop and attempt to restart Glassfish, it hangs - the last log entry I see (with logging at INFO level), is:

Starting Sun-Java-System/Application-Server HTTP/1.1 on 4848

and after that no response on any of the ports (asadmin does return control to the other console window, saying it started successfully). I then need to kill the process, manually delete the folder under <domain>/applications/j2ee-apps and restart, and that 'fixes' things until the next deploy and restart cycle. Multiple deploys without restarting Glassfish also works, the problem only occurs stopping and starting Glassfish.

The odd thing is I can't think what has changed in our application apart from some minor bugfixes - its going through the last stages of testing, so nothing in terms of configuration has changed as far as I can think of.
[Message sent by forum member 'jshevland' (jshevland)]