users@glassfish.java.net

How to configure max POST request parameter size in Glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:21:43 PST

Hi,
I can't find a way to configure the allowed maximum size of a HTTP POST request parameter. For example, trying to do a POST request parameter with size about 5mb fails with this:

[code]
PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet Console threw exception java.lang.IllegalStateException: Post too large
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequest.parseRequestParameters(CoyoteRequest.java:2918)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequest.getParameter(CoyoteRequest.java:1281)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequestFacade.getParameter(CoyoteRequestFacade.java:392)
 at remoteconsole.Console.processRequest(Console.java:34)
[/code]
(The stack frame at bottom is my code).

If sending a parameter this big is unusual, and I'm supposed to use multipart requests, can someone point to a simply way/library to do it?

Thanks

Dimitris
[Message sent by forum member 'andreou' (andreou)]