users@glassfish.java.net

Class Cast Exception while adding apache-xalan2.7.jar to project

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:49:22 PST

I am using Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 (build b58g-fcs).
From the apache-xalan2.7.jar file i need the org/apache/xalan/extensions/ExpressionContext.class and if i do not add the above jar file to my project i get the run time exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError org/apache/xalan/extensions/ExpressionContext.class .

after adding "apache-xalan2.7.jar" i start getting the error
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/serializer/TreeWalker".

To resolve the above Exception I have added the serializer.jar
now i start getting the following run time exception from the soap api call
SOAPMessage msg = msgFactory.createMessage();
msg.saveChanges();
"[b]java.io.IOException: org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler cannot be cast to org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler[/b]"

As i understand from jdk 1.6 all the web service related class files have been
added to the rt.jar or in the appserver/lib/webservices-rt.jar

I can see that the ExpressionContext.class is in the following package in rt.jar
com/sun/org/apache/xalan/internal/extensions/ExpressionContext.class

is there a way to resolve this Class conflict so that i do not have to add apache-xalan2.7.jar to my project and it picks up from the run time.
[Message sent by forum member 'ranvijaysingh' (ranvijaysingh)]