users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SSL connection client certificate?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:26:11 PST

Thanks for the response .

> For SSL Scenarios You do not have to configure any
> thing inside the Security Option that NB has. Please
> remember that WSIT/Metro configuration files are
> used to configure WS-* (which are at the SOAP Layer).
>

> SSL has to do with the Transport layer and so to
> configure your client for SSL you need to follow
> different set of instructions.
>
> Is your client a J2SE Client or a WebClient running
> on GF ?.

My client is a part of the EJB module running in GFV2 and it will be called internally by some method (i dont know if it is called as j2se client or webclient)

> For a J2SE client you will have set these properties
> before invoking the service
>
> System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",
> "<client.truststore.location>");
> System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword",
> "<password>");
> System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore",
> "<client.keystore.location>");
> System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword",
> "<password>");

so u mean just before invoking my client i should set the properties?

> If you are not using Mutual Authentication, then all
> you need to set is the Truststore location and
> password above and the Truststore need only contain
> the CA certificate of the Server Certificate
> Issuer.
>
> If you are looking for Mutual Authentication then you
> need to set the keystore props as well.
>
> Where did you get the client certificates from ?. It
> should not just be a certificate but should be a
> pair.

Ya these are 2 certificates ending with .cer
one is root CA certificate .
and other i think is certificate for testclient for which they have given key identifier
other than this i didnt recieve any password .

> See the JDK6 Keytool it supports various options for
> importing certs into the keystore.
So u mean i need to import these both certificate into keystore?cant i directly use these certificates ?

Regards
[Message sent by forum member 'manischsingh' (manischsingh)]