users@glassfish.java.net

Binding remote object to JNDI, ClassCastException

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:05:08 PST

Hi,

I asked this question a while back but wondered if anyone has any answers now that they didn't before.
Since moving from SJSAS 8.2 to glassfish our cluster singleton, based on a PortableRemoteObject bound to JNDI, no longer works. It is fine when the instance of the application that created the object in the first place narrows the object from JNDI, however when it is one of the other nodes a ClassCastException is thrown.

The interface is the same in both instances of the application, and when I rebind the object to JNDI I cast it to it's interface which extends java.rmi.Remote.

Could this be a bug in the JNDI implementation of glassfish that has emerged since SJSAS 8? Is anyone else currently doing anything like this and has it working?

Kinds Regards,
Darren.
[Message sent by forum member 'xerces' (xerces)]