users@glassfish.java.net

please recommend a small-scale replicated database.

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:42:07 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have a project with two independent glassfish instances. It is not a cluster.

I need a lightweight persistent storage replicated between the two for
some application level authentication data. I would only access them
via JPA.

The data size (few hundred records) and the load (writes hardly ever,
a few reads per minute) are small, so speed or efficinecy are not
issues. Constant overhead and unnecessary complexity are.
(I wouldn't want to fire up a sequoia cluster for this for example, no
matter how much I love it for real databases.)

There already are independent PostgreSQL databases on both sides if
those can be used non-exclusively for this, but I'm hoping there is
some lightweight java database doing just what I need which I haven't
heard of yet. :-)

Any advice appreciated!

Gabor Szokoli