users@glassfish.java.net

EJB3 timer: automatically start with module deployment?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:34:52 +0100

Folks,

dealing with the EJB3 timer service as I do have a Session Bean to do
scheduled things and this seems to be the most "specification
conformant" way of doing things. However, one thing so far is bothering
me: Both the resources I found and read on the web and the "Mastering
EJB" book provided examples on how to setup a timer from some method
inside a Session Bean, which, however, has to be "manually" called by a
client after deploying the application.

Not bad, but somehow not pleasing. Isn't there a way to get the
appropriate timer all set up right the very moment an EJB module gets
deployed to glassfish?

Thanks and best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771