users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Log messages in b09-fcs

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:53:39 PST

For internal testing, over 2000 tests are run which exercise many different scenarios in a cluster for http session failover, stateful (EJB) session failover and SingleSignOn failover.

I am not an expert on Seam but if you want to just try a simple test, there is a simple app under samples called clusterjsp. You could start with that to insure that your system is setup properly. If you have trouble with a setup that includes your load balancer and you happen to be running a small cluster all in a single machine, you can use what we call "port-hopping" to test without the load balancer.

Say you deploy clusterjsp and the normal url to invoke is
http://<your domain>:8080/clusterjsp (assuming that is the lb)

If you're on the same machine and e.g. you set up 3 instances all on the same machine, then will by default be on ports 38080, 38081, 38082. So you can simulate failover with clusterjsp by going first to:

http://<your-domain>:38080/clusterjsp and enter some values to drive the session replication. Then go to:
http://<your-domain>:38081/cluster jsp

and so on.

In other words start simple, and try to isolate the problem.
What I'm describing here has worked for hundreds of people and it should for you too.
Once you've confirmed you're ok on that then you can explore what might be different in your setup.

hope this helps
[Message sent by forum member 'lwhite' (lwhite)]