users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaMail: How to step into with NetBeans debugger?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:09:19 PST

First of all thanks for responding. I appreciate the discussion.

> What type of NetBeans project do you have? (Java,
> Web, etc., and NetBeans or user created build
> script?)

I'm new to Java/Netbeans so excuse any misuse of terminology.

My application is a Java/Application project. It contains 2 of my projects which are Java/Class Packages one to work with mail messages and one to work with its mysql database.

It runs from the command line, reads an mbox of spam or ham builds a mysql database of stuff extracted, looked up or deduced. It's working fairly well except for this small subset (about 2%) of probably obufuscated spam where the received headers come in reverse order from what's really in the headers.

I added the JavaMail project from the cvs download, using the included build.xml which I haven't modified. I'm not sure how to answer the of project for JavaMail or the type of build. How can I determine that?

> Have you tried building mail.jar and activation.jar
> using the build instructions here:
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/mail/

Yes, and the project runs the same as using the distrubuted mail.jar
[Message sent by forum member 'areeda' (areeda)]