users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB 3 Interoperability issue - need help

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:06:05 PST

Hi Frank,

Thanks very much for the detailed info. It's always very useful to hear about the particular use-cases that arise.

To answer your questions, nothing in the EJB spec is actually deprecated. Of course we recommend that new developers use the EJB 3 business interface view, but all certified Java EE implementations are required to support the EJB 2.x view as well.

There were a number of reasons we did not specify the interoperability requirements for the EJB 3 Remote view. The first was that the actual usage of cross-vendor EJB access in production environments was not significant. Second, the trend was towards web service interaction for mixed , loosely coupled environments made doing so less critical. Finally, since we defined an easy way to expose a 2.x Remote view from a bean class implemented with the EJB 3 simplified API, you can get the interoperability behavior that way already.

  --ken
[Message sent by forum member 'ksak' (ksak)]