users@glassfish.java.net

Virtual Server redirects to multiple JSP context roots from a single URL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:06:28 PST

My question is... How to access various multiple jsp pages using Glassfish v2 without providing context root of web module for an Enterprise (J2EE) application in the URL??

  Other solutions and workarounds seem to work with a Web application rather than for web module of an Enterprise Application.

The following have been tried:

   1. To use ' redirect_' property for defined virtual server. This
      works for a particular jsp file but we are looking for
      redirects for all available jsp's. Moreover when 'redirect_'
      property is used context root is getting exposed in the URL when
      redirection occurs
   2. Used 'alternatedocroot_' property but jsp's
      where ejb references were defined failed to determine the
      classpath's. This was also valid only to a web application
      not for web module of a enterprise application
   3. Created a web application coupled with ejb
      module of he enterprise application. This workaround
      is working fine but we don't want to migrate the web
      module to a new web application as there are various
      development environments and we will be under high
      risk of loosing code if we performs such migration.

*Any Suggestions / help on this issue?
[Message sent by forum member 'kaiguy' (kaiguy)]