users@glassfish.java.net

New to glassfish : http 500 error and restart problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:20:53 PST

Hello,

I am new to Glassfish and Netbeans VWP. I keep having the following problems while developing my application:

1/ I tried to set a new error page like this in web.xml:

<error-page>
        <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
        <location>/error.jsp</location>
</error-page>

But it does not work and the server always redirects to HTTP 500 with no details when there is an exception !

2/ Every time I get this HTTP 500, I have to restart the server. It is very difficult to test my application in these conditions.

Could you please give some advice ?

Thank you very much
[Message sent by forum member 'tonioab49' (tonioab49)]