users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JDBC: Configuration / support for SAP MaxDB 7.x?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:32:07 +0100

Shalini;

and, first off, thanks loads for your help, really much appreciated.

Am Tue, 18 Dec 2007 03:35:45 PST
schrieb glassfish_at_javadesktop.org:

> Hope this helps,

It surely does, thank you very much. Actually, even knowing to use ...

> Create a connection pool with the resource type
> javax.sql.XADataSource. Specify the datasource classname
> "com.sap.dbtech.jdbcext.XADataSourceSapDB".

... was just enough of a pointer to get me started. So far I was
following an oldish MaxDB JDBC tutorial using
com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB as JDBC driver which failed with any of
the glassfish configuration options. Using XADataSourceSapDB, having
things configured all right was just a breeze, and now things seem
rather fine. :)

Thanks again and best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771