users@glassfish.java.net

ClassNotFoundException when serving applet

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:18:36 PST

I am working with GlassFish 2 and NetBeans 6.0 on my first web application. At the moment, it only consists of a single servlet EgServlet and an applet EgApplet. I have the servlet working correctly but I cannot get the applet to even load. I have a WAR named EnterpriseApplication1-war and under “Web Pages” I have an index.html which has the applet tag embedded in it.

So, where do I put the applet class file? As I have it, the servlet and the applet both live in “Source Packages” under a package named “eg”. So I figured that the applet tag should look like:

<applet code=”EnterpriseApplication1-war/eg/EgApplet.class” ... /applet>

But when I run the index.html file it complains that the applet class is not found. I have tried removing the “EnterpriseApplication1-war” prefix and various other combinations but nothing seems to work.

Could someone please help me set up this applet? Any references on serving applets with GlassFish?

--
And loving it,
-Q