users@glassfish.java.net

How access session beans via plain CORBA (C++ or Java SE without jee jars)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:08:41 PST

Hi,

how can we access session EJBs with plain CORBA (e.g. with C++ clients)? We found a document http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/rmi-iiop/interop.html which exactly describes the way how to do this for C++ and Java SE based clients (without using any JEE5 app server specific JARs). But with GlassFish v2, we can't get it running. The samples in this document are based on JEE 1.4. We wonder if interoperability between plain CORBA and Java Enterprise is lost in JEE5?

We are aware that we will loose failover, loadbalancing and other cluster features when we connect via plain CORBA to the application servers session EJBs - but it should be possible because RMI-IIOP is in fact IIOP!

How do we achive this with GlassFish v2?

Thanks in advance,
 Frank
[Message sent by forum member 'fmeili' (fmeili)]