users@glassfish.java.net

Re: any plan to add active passive instances to glassfish load balancer plugin?

From: Pankaj Jairath <Pankaj.Jairath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:30:33 +0530

Hello Legolas,

The auto apply admin feature of LB configuration, would take care of
this. Any admin changes to the cluster setup (ex: addition/removal of
instance..), being load balanced; would be reflected onto the load
balancer configuration maintained at DAS. The auto apply functionality
at DAS (would cause in background, regeneration of loadbalancer.xml)
would take care of propagating these changes over HTTP to the fronting
WebServer. When you create an instance of http Load Balancer at DAS, it
identifies the WebServer on which LB runs via the WebServer instance
host, port details.

HTTP LB upon receiving such update message from DAS, would reconfigure
itself.

regards
Pankaj