users@glassfish.java.net

Re: web start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:22:02 PST

Hi, Laurent.

This is indeed a problem because there is no good way to have a Java Web Start-launched program use JAX-WS 2.1 if a public release of Java SE 6 is in use. This is because the JVM's bootstrap class loader will load the classes related to JAX-WS (which will be JAX-WS 2.0 classes) before the GlassFish classloader has a chance to load the 2.1 classes.

As I understand it, JAX-WS 2.1 is planned to be in Java SE 6 Update N, which according to this FAQ https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNfaq.html is planned to be available in the middle of 2008. Early access is downloadable now.

I wish I had a more favorable answer for you.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]