users@glassfish.java.net

Re: good explanation for meaning of Connection Pool resource types

From: Richard Bremner <richard.bremner.nb_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:18:41 -0800 (PST)

If I use DataSource then my live application runs out of connections every 4
hours or so. I end up restarting Glassfish to get it working again quickly.
If I use ConnectionPoolDataSource, this problem doesn't happen. I don't know
why (if they are essentially treated the same?), but it just doesn't.

Where I'm coming from with this was, I didn't know which Resource Type to
pick from the list.