users@glassfish.java.net

Forcing Redirect to Specific Page After JEE Form Based Login

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:55:20 PST

I have a requirement that I need to be able to control the login process of the web tier tin a JEE 5 application I am building. The common JEE behavior in respect to form based login is to redirect to the login page upon attempt to retrieve a secured resource and then redirect back to that resource after login. I instead need to be able to specify the page presented after login. I can prevent other secure pages from being viewed with a servlet filter. However the servlet filter is not used with the normal JEE login process. At present I am using GlassFish 9.1 as my application server.
[Message sent by forum member 'scottdelap' (scottdelap)]