users@glassfish.java.net

Un-logged shutdown

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:18:44 PST

I've experienced a few instances of "Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9.0_01 (build b02-p01)" shutting down without any trace of it in the log. I see gaps in the log where the last logged event is unrelated to a server shutdown and the event immediately after it is the launcher. The hardware and OS have not been rebooted in anyway and I need to restart the application server in order to get our application running again, so I'm guessing the VM must have crashed.

I know that's not a lot to go on, but we haven't yet been able to reproduce the problem, although it has happened at least three times (twice in the last week, and once a couple of months ago). Any ideas on what the problem might be or suggestions on how to diagnose the problem?
[Message sent by forum member 'martin_woolstenhulme' (martin_woolstenhulme)]