users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using GlassFish as an RMI server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:51:36 PST

OK, I'll try to explain it.

I am looking to add functionality to GlassFish by developing a "module" which functions as an RMI server. This module will need to access servlets and EJBs running on the same GlassFish instance. So what I need to know is:

1. Is this possible?

2. Are there guidelines on how to build it?

3. Is there any existing RMI infrastructure in GlassFish that I can hook in to?

4. Is there any difference between GF v2 and v3 with respect to RMI and this module?

Thanks,

--
And loving it,
-Q