users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Start-up Error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:24:26 PST

Kedar,

So the bottom-line here is that I should not have installed Glassfish (or anything else, for that matter) as 'root'. It certainly sounds like I should uninstall and reinstall Glassfish using my default log-in permissions. Do you recommend I do this? I would like to know the standard set-up as I will have to go through this again when configuring a test and production server for deploying my application. By the way, does NetBeans 6.0 bundle Glassfish/Grizzly for development? If not, why not and when?

Thanks,

Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris55' (chris55)]