users@glassfish.java.net

Is it impossible to remember passwords

From: Byron Nevins <Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:41:42 -0800

I have now officially given up. Glassfish has won this battle.
I can not find any java/jsp/servlet way of sending in a
username/password without user intervention for JDBC Realm authentication.
I tried everything including changing the web-container source (e.g. if
there is no password parameter -- look for a password attribute
instead). Usually j_security_check just gives a 404 error.

Any help would be appreciated. It is super-common on the Internet to
have "remember me" checkboxes. It should not be so staggeringly
difficult to do this in GF.

--
Byron Nevins Work 408-276-4089, Home 650-359-1290, Cell 650-784-4123 - Sun Microsystems, Inc.