users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Served pages cut off at the end

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 21:13:49 PST

I wrote a filter to wrap the response, do the chain, and then check the contents of the response after all my application modifications/processing right before returning it to the user. At that point, the html is intact with a complete "</html>" tag at the end. So, my app code is generating the full page.

As I identify, that leaves a couple options:

1) The end of "</html>" tag is broken off in glassfish somewhere after the filter returns, or
2) The tag is broken off after leaving glassfish.

The second would lend itself to blaming the browser, but it's occurring in every browser I get my hands on so I think I can rule that out.

Next question: what happens inside glassfish after a filter returns? Is there anyway to check the contents at the last possible second leaving the server? Or, how can I confirm that it isn't the server's problem?

As I understand it, the request/response flow is this:

1. Server receives request
2. Request goes through applicable filter chain
3. Servlet/JSP receives request and generates response
4. Response passes back through applicable filter chain
5. Response returned to client

Is there anything in between #4 and #5 above that could affect the content of my response?
[Message sent by forum member 'rwillie6' (rwillie6)]