users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ACC access to multi clusters, different Beans in one enterprise applica

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 08:42:01 PST

Hi Stephen,

that's also a interesting idea to route the call from one cluster to an other cluster. We will think about that aproach. But we still hope that there will be an other solution to configure different EJBs to different JVMs (ServerInstances) in GlassFish in one EnterpriseApplication.

It seems that no others have such an requirement. If you think about many verly large EJBs (which consme a lot of Java heap) the potential problem for an OutOfMemory occure. In 32 bit JVMs the Java heap can't be greater then 1.3-1.7 GBytes of memory (depending on version and OS). If an OutOfMemory occure in an JVM then the whole process is not longer consistent and should be restartet. So it's a lot more safe to separate different EJBs to different JVMs.

Thanks for your answer,
 Frank
[Message sent by forum member 'fmeili' (fmeili)]