users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Long wait times for admin console on Java System Application Server 9.1

From: Dies Koper <dies_at_jp.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:06:16 +0900

I also noticed this, especially the first time after starting the DAS.

It seems GF unzips jars used by the admin console application to the
generated directory. These files are cleared and unzipped each time the
DAS is restarted.
There is a work-around for undeploy problems due to locked Jar files on
Windows that probably has to do with it.

I could not find a way to turn it off. Also, the work-around is only
implemented for WAR modules, so I suppose Jars in applications packaged
as EAR modules would still be locked.

Maybe someone more familiar with this could comment?

Thanks.