users@glassfish.java.net

N number of remote JMS clients = N number of application servers?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:30:56 PST

From the glassfish docs under "Running JMS Client Programs on Multiple Systems" -
"The systems must be visible to each other by name--the UNIX host name or the Microsoft Windows computer name--and must [b]BOTH[/b] be running the Application Server."

Does this apply to stand alone JMS clients too? Or only container managed clients?

Scenario:
-Glassfish has the administered objects created - ConnectionFactory and Topic.
-I run multiple instances of a stand alone JMS client locally on the same box as Glassfish - messaging between them works well. I'm only using Glassfish as the JMS provider as the JMS clients are stand alone and are running outside the process space of Glassfish.

Problem:
If I move one of the JMS clients to a separate machine and reconfigure the params for the JNDI lookup, it cannot connect to the JMS provider.

I'm hoping this is just a silly config issue and not a limitation of Glassfish? The above qoute only applies to J2EE managed components right?

Your answers will be appreciated, thank you.

-PN42
[Message sent by forum member 'pnguyen42' (pnguyen42)]