users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with deploying huge WAR-file

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 04:52:32 PST

We have a WAR-file which includes a lot of static files, all-in-all it's over 2 Gb, deploying to a GFV2 using the following CLI:

>asadmin deploy --user admin --contextroot large --virtualservers largetest --upload=false c:\temp\flash\large.war

I got the following error:
2007-dec-05 13:35:08 com.sun.enterprise.deployment.deploy.shared.InputJarArchive getJarFile
SEVERE: "DPL8004: file open failure; file = /c:/temp/flash/large.war"
error in opening zip file -- invalid zip file: /c:/temp/flash/large.war
CLI137 Command deploy failed.

I assembled a smaller WAR from the same source, it was 200MB it deployed OK. I also listed the files from the large.war as well as unjar:ed it to make sure that the file itself was not corrupt.

Anybody seen similar problems?

I know that there is always the possibility to put it into the doc-root and configure this for the virtual server, but it'd be nice to be able to treat it the same as with the other parts of the application.
[Message sent by forum member 'jesper_soderlund' (jesper_soderlund)]