users@glassfish.java.net

Manage Entities (EJB container) from webcontainer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:22:34 PST

Hello

I hope I can explain my problem clear enough.

I have:
-a java enterprise application
-with a ejb-module
-and a war-module

in the EJB-module
-i have created some entities
-i have created stateless session beans for this entities (autongenerated by netbeans)
-there's a persistence unit which links the entities to a db

Now I want
-to create a webinterface (using servlet/jsp, doen't matter) allowing the administrator of the project to manage the entities in the database (add, view; edit...)
-to do so, i want to call one of de stateless session beans which provides functionallity for managing the beans

I've been trying several things now for more than a week, and none of them seemed to work.
Mostly I get a NullPointerException while running the web-pages (caused by unresolved EJB references I presume)

I hope this is clear enough, and someone can help me because I've been working on this for way too much time by now...
As I'm still a student, my knowledge of Java EE is not that big,

Thanks in advance
Ward
[Message sent by forum member 'wardl' (wardl)]