users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v2 "locks" resources on Windows!?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:05:19 PST

Why are dependent jars being locked, forcing me to reboot the app server?

[code]
WARNING: The following file(s) were left(locked) from the previous deployment; they were not updated during this deployment and could interfere with the application: C:\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-apps\Portlets\DataAccess.jar C:\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-apps\Portlets\Utility.jar C:\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-apps\Portlets\jcommon-1.0.0.jar
[/code]

I've used JBoss up until now, for 2 years, and this never happened. Is there a way around this without having to restart Glassfish (very disruptive to other apps hosted on the same server)? Just undeploying the app and trying to redeploy it did nothing at all - it didn't help. How was it that I could undeploy it, yet somehow there are resources left behind to be locked?

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'zambizzi' (zambizzi)]